FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
- What is FM Kawan?
FM Kawan is a trusted platform which provides specialist solutions for facilities management (buildings, factories and all other spaces).
- What do FM Kawan do?
FM Kawan offers unrivalled expertise in technical know-how on top of supplying the products for solutions. Our experienced personnel use their many years of expertise in designing & offering system solutions.
- Where is FM Kawan?
FM Kawan is an online multi vendor marketplace platform. Our headquarter is located at Kuchai Entrepreneur Park, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- When is the birth of FM Kawan Idea?
Covid-19 Pandemic gave birth to FM Kawan Idea. Initial Idea is to reduce human interaction in the process of supply and install of maintenance products at facilities.
- Why FM Kawan instead of reaching Sub Cons directly for Supply + Install?
For facilities owners – to save hell lots of money.
For maintenance guys – to gain FM Kawan points for gift redemption.
We will use one example to illustrate.
One of the presence sensor (Theben https://fmkawan.com/product/tg-md360-ap-wh/) is not functioning, the building maintenance guy called up the sub contractor to supply and install a new sensor. The sub con made a trip to the building to replace the malfunctioned sensor. Job is done.
Total charge to the building owner = Supply RM 144 for supply + RM 400 for 1 trip charge & installation.
One of the presence sensor (Theben https://fmkawan.com/product/tg-md360-ap-wh/) is not functioning, the building maintenance guy went to fmkawan.com to purchase a new sensor. The product is delivered, the maintenance guy replaces the malfunctioned relay. Job is done. FM Kawan points are earned.
Total charge to the building owner = Supply RM 144 for supply + RM 8 for product delivery.
How does FM Kawan make money?
Just like marketplace platforms like Lazada, Shopee, etc, FM Kawan charges vendor commission upon successful transaction.
- How do I place an order?
These are general steps of your shopping journey with us:
1) Choose your product, add to cart & amend quantity
2) Check order details
3) Confirm your shopping cart
4) Provide shipping & billing information
5) Choose payment options and finalize payment
6) You will see the payment transaction status on your screen
7) For successful transaction, we will email you the order confirmation shortly
- What if the products on the website don’t have enough available stock
Click on the “Ask me a question” button. Our vendors on the platform will reach you shortly.
- What payment methods do you accept?
You can pay with Visa and Mastercard credit and debit cards, and FPX and bank transfer after you receive the order confirmation page.
- Is there an Instalment Payment Plan (IPP) option if I shop online?
Unfortunately, not at the moment.
- How much would delivery service cost?
Delivery cost depends on the weight of the product and will be shown upon checking out.
- What other charges do I have to take note of?
For Truck Delivery, additional rate might be charged if there is no lift access/items can’t fit in the lift at the delivery address. Please liaise with the logistic partner on additional rates directly.
- When will I receive my order?*
Please note that during major holiday seasons*, please allow an extra 1-3 business days for processing time due to the high peak of orders.
*Chinese New Year, Hari Raya Puasa, Deepavali, Christmas, etc.
Delivery to klang Valley areas will take place within 5 working days after receiving order confirmation email and for non klang Valley areas, delivery is within 10 working days.
- Where does FM Kawan deliver to?
West Malaysia, Kuching, KK, and Miri.
East Malaysia – ONLY Kuching, KK, and Miri
PO Box addresses
All islands in Malaysia
East Malaysia – besides Kuching, KK, and Miri
- What are the delivery restrictions I should be aware of?
Kindly note that in general, the delivery to buildings and factories is not available after 5PM on weekdays, and whole day on weekends and public holidays. Please ensure that the relevant permissions are obtained from the facility management for the chosen delivery date. You will be charged for second delivery for fail delivery due to lack of relevant permission.
- How does FM Kawan tell you about delivery restrictions?
Delivery restrictions can be communicated via dedicated order box on the shipping address page.
- Can I order online and pick up from the vendor contact address?
This option is currently not available.
- What happens if I am not at the facility to receive my order?
Please contact your vendor to reschedule a new delivery date.
- Will I be notified prior to delivery?
For Truck, you will receive SMS notification and call prior to your scheduled appointment on the day of delivery. For parcel delivery, a Poslaju tracking number will be sent for parcel deliveries and the driver will call upon arrival.
- What happens if I do not collect my order from the East Malaysia Collection Point?
Storage fee of RM23 per day will be applied if you do not collect your order within 5 working days. You will need to pay the storage charges before we can handover your order to you.
- How can I track my order?
Once the parcel is shipped out, you can track your order by clicking on the tracking information given via email.
- How do I amend my order?
No amendment can be done once the order and services are paid and confirmed. Please contact us for any further assistance.
- How do I cancel my order?
No cancellation can be done once the order and services are paid and confirmed. Please contact us for any further assistance.
RETURN & REFUND
- Can I refund/ return my order?
Refer to FM Kawan Terms of Purchase policy for the basic requirements to request for products return and refund.
- How soon will I receive my refund?
Refunds will be done via the initial payment mode and may take up to 15 working days. Please note that the refund amount is subjected to conditions of the products.
FM KAWAN POINTS
- Will I earn FM Kawan points from my purchases online?
Yes, you will earn 1 point for every RM1 spent. Your account will be credited with FM Kawan Points upon successful order placement and transaction.
- What to do with earned FM Kawan points?
You are more than welcome to exchange your earned FM Kawan points with FM Kawan offered redemption gift (including cash vouchers and food vouchers).